PermaBase® BRAND Cement Board is a rigid substrate made of Portland cement, aggregate and glass mesh that provides an exceptionally hard, durable surface that is able to withstand prolonged exposure to moisture.
PermaBase is ideally suited as an underlayment or backing surface for tub and shower surrounds, countertops, flooring and a variety of other interior and exterior applications.
- Lifetime Limited Warranty on PermaBase Interior Applications. Click here to view warranty
- 15-Year Limited Warranty on PermaBase Exterior Applications. Click here to view warranty
- Reinforced edge with EdgeTech® technology allows for closer fastener application of nails or screws at the edge without crumbling or spinout.
- IRC and IBC 2006 Compliant - Meets ASTM C 1325.
- Resists the growth of mold per ASTM D 3273 with a score of 10, the best possible score.
- Can be cut utilizing a standard utility knife and straight edge. With PermaBase's unique core composition, little or no additional labor is needed to clean the edge after a cut.
- PermaBase is impact resistant, extremely durable and dimensionally stable. It has excellent overall flexural, compressive, and tensile strength characteristics.
- PermaBase is highly moisture resistant, and will not rot, disintegrate or swell when exposed to water.
- 1/2" PermaBase may be used in 1 hour and 2 hour rated assemblies and is UL Classified.
- PermaBase has a smoother finish than other brands and has no open edges, which reduces hand chafing.
- Lowest water absorption of any cement board per ASTM C 473.
- Suitable for both interior and exterior applications.