PermaBase Ultra Backer
PermaBase® BRAND UltraBacker® 1/4" Cement Board Underlayment is a rigid substrate made of Portland cement, aggregate and a glass mesh and mat facer that provides an exceptionally hard, smooth and durable surface that is able to withstand prolonged exposure to moisture.
UltraBacker Cement Board is used as an underlayment for ceramic tile on floors, countertops, tub decks and outdoor kitchen counters.
- Lifetime Limited Warranty on PermaBase Interior Applications. Click here to view warranty
- Smooth mesh and mat surface is 30% stronger and four times more rigid than competitive 1/4" cement boards.
- Improved fastener holding and reinforced edges allow for closer fastening of nails or screws without crumbing or spinout. Is extremely durable in transit and on the job site.
- Cuts easily with a standard utility knife versus specialty tools or expensive power tools required to cut traditional cement board and fiber cement board
- The 1/4" thickness eliminates the need to modify adjacent thresholds when abutting to carpet, wood flooring or other common flooring materials.
- UltraBacker has the lowest water absorption rate (<4%) than other backerboards, which ensures more open time and a better tile bond.
- Mold and moisture resistant. Will not rot, swell or disintegrate when exposed to moisture.